09 May 2014

Flinch

I have LOADS of photographs of our chooks and ducks;  this layout features our youngest duck, Flinch:




I used layout sketch #89 from Feeling Sketchy.  The colour palette was inspired by Scrapbook Fantasies Weekly Challenge #18, to create a layout using pastels.

My sewing machine foot pedal has been playing up a bit lately so the machine stitched circles are a bit ragged.  There is no middle ground to stitch slowly - it's either stop or go, with bursts of power.  Hopefully the imperfection just adds to its charm...  I did enjoy a little bit of hand stitching:



Materials:
MOD patterned paper
Glitz Designs Beautiful Dreamer - Floral patterned paper
Bazzill Bitty Blossoms - Apple Green flowers
Portacraft paper flowers - pale pink
Mini ric rac - pale pink
American Crafts Thickers - Giggles foam alphabets
Tsukineko Versacube - Petal Pink inkpad

07/06/2014 Edit to add:  My layout was featured at Feeling Sketchy as one of their Top Picks!

7 comments :

  1. Awwww I love love love this !!! I had a duck in my garden for the last weeks, last tuesday seven little ducks were running around my garden and swimming in the baby tub I put outside. Wednesday evening mother duck left with the duckies, they walked out the garden, we helped them get over the streets, but one duckie fell into a street well, my hubby got him out and we tried to let him walk with the others, but he couldn't, we took him home and called the animal ambulance, they took him to a special farm to recover. Thanks so much for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy !
    ps.sorry for my long story :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darling! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely LO and great take on the sketch!! Love the embellishments and soft pastel color scheme, great job!! Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightfully sweet page! Gorgeous embellies, love your darling photo of little Flinch & love your hand stitching Karen!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.
    Debi - DT Co-ordinator@FS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Karen , that photo is so gorgeous and great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along @ Feeling Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely layout thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe this is toooooo ADORABLE. I love the pretty pastels. Thanks for playing along at Feeling Sketchy ~ Michelle dt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)