16 February 2014

Scrapping with sketches

I scrap using sketches.  A lot.

Often it's the challenge of using a new sketch that motivates me to actually sit down and get those photographs scrapped.  That's been the case this week.  I had a lot happening this week and a lot on my mind, and I just needed to sit down and create without thinking too much.  So I got out some sketches, and these are some of the layouts I created:


This one is based on the February sketch at Life. Paper. Scrapbook.  I'm also submitting my layout at Craft Hoarders Anonymous; part of my signature style is keeping things simple.  I used lots of tiny scraps of yellow, and I kept it really simple to keep the focus on my photograph, but I also couldn't resist stitching.  I love, love, love stitching on my layouts:



Materials:
Echo Park A Walk in the Park - Element Cards patterned paper
Echo Park A Walk in the Park - Element Stickers duckling
Echo Park Sweet Summertime - Sunny Spots patterned paper
Echo Park Sweet Summertime - Alpha Stickers letters, hearts and border
Echo Park Victoria Gardens - Cheerful Words patterned paper
Bumble Bee Crafts flowers
** ~~ ** ~~ ** ~~ ** ~~ **

The next one is a double layout.  The right hand side is based on the February sketch at Purple Pumpkin:

Click to enlarge:



I really loved the triangle element and couldn't shake the idea of making it into an arrow - so I chose a set of photographs to stretch across two pages.  Because most of the visual interest is on the left, I made a large title on the right to balance it, and duplicated the embellishments on both pages to make it flow better.



There's a few things on this page that I can't credit - I don't know who made the felt star trim, and I can't source the diecut journalling card (I have a set of them, all black and white which I know came as a 12x12 sheet).

Materials:
October Afternoon Sasparilla - Wagon Train patterned paper
Kaisercraft Thrill Seeker - Prankster patterned paper
Bella Blvd Sunny Happy Skies - Magic in the Sky patterned paper
Little Yellow Bicycle Traveler cardstock stickers
Rouge de Garance felt alphabets
Collections File Dividers - small, navy

14 comments :

  1. That first page is just ducky! Love it. . perfect colors and balance of the elements. . .the stitching, the banners, the flower and the ducky! Precious! Thanks for sharing your style with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page is awesome!!! Love all of the stitching you added on it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The duck layout makes me smile! Love the sunny yellow colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the duck. The yellow banner tied together with stitching…PERFECT.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this layout has the promise of spring, and that is just what my heart needed this morning. Love the yellow, the flag banners and the sweet stitching! Thanks for playing along in the very first Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both projects, but that ducky layout is totally adorable. I love the soft yellows! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous for our very first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun layout I'm so excited that you joined us for the launch of Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. I hope you come to play often! Ginny from Polly's Paper : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet, I love the little duck!! Thanks so much for joining us for our 1st challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice layout, love the picture of the white duck! Thanks for stopping in to play with Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The duck page is soo sweet - & it may be simple, but it's just perfect...anyways, I'm here about your entry in our PP challenge - & I'm like you, sketches get me scrapping, & it IS a great 'zen' place to go, I reckon.....LOOOVE how you've used the sketch as part of an arrow. How CLEVER...& lateral thinking! It works really well, & you've balanced the page beautifully!!! So glad you joined us at PP this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww that duck is so cute! I love the yellows and the banner! Thanks for playing along with us at LPS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous work! Totally love what you've done with the sketch, the double page looks FAB!! Thanks so much for playing along at Purple Pumpkin xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - your layouts are really amazing. Thanks for playing along at LPS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOUR LAYOUT IS FANTASTIC!!!I LKED SO MUCH THW COLOUR YOU USED!!!THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG WITH US AT LPS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)