18 February 2014

Black with 2

Love love love the bright, funky colour scheme at Black with 2 this month.  Here is the inspiration board:

 

And this is what I created:



How I used the sketch:  I kept the placement of the large photo in the middle, and kept the balance of elements underneath.  Instead of patterned paper either side of the photo I used the gates. Instead of the smaller photo, I made a journalling block. Instead of the scallop/trim along the top, I added a long title.

How I used the image inspiration: I used hot pink gates to frame my photograph

Other criteria: I used the word DREAM in the title, and I followed the colour scheme.

Materials:
Core'dinations Ranger Distress - Black Soot cardstock
Rouge de Garance Aile ou Fleur - No 1 patterned paper
Bo Bunny Gypsy Lace patterned paper
Purple Pumpkin Carnival Ticket - Fuchsia
Glitz Design Pink Alpha stickers
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alphabet stickers
Green Tara 6cm petals - turquoise
Dusty Attic Ornate Gates Mini lasercut chipboard
Kaisercolour Candy paint


5 comments :

  1. Such a fun layout and the gates are perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at BW2 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is great! Thanks for playing along with us at BW2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gates compliment the photo perfectly - great interpretation Karen! Loving the oversized title too. Thanks for joining us at BW2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work with this months inspiration board. Thanks for playing along with us at BW 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fantastic photo .. love how you've covered the criteria .. thanks for playing along on BW2 :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)