11 August 2011

A little gift

This week at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge the theme is Gifts. I kept it super simple and made a few little 'candy wrappers' with a little giftcard. This is the story ~ my daughter went on a week-long school excursion to Canberra, by bus. She took some spending money with her, but I didn't want her to spend it all on snacks, so I sent along a little care package of her favourite muesli bars. I wrapped them individually, and gave her two for the first part of the trip, and I hid the rest in her suitcase so she would find them later (and not eat the whole box on the first day!!)



The image is called Sailing, Sailing from our sponsor, Robyn's Fetish - coloured with watercolour pencils.

I used: Gin-X paper, Martha Stewart 'Lattice Arch' border punch, Basic Grey 'Two Scoops' patterned paper (for the card)

I'm entering my project at these challenges - popular theme this week!
# Deep Ocean ~ Sea
# CES Challenge ~ Water it
# By the Cute and Girly ~ Sea

10 comments :

  1. I love your candy gifts, I bet your daughter loved them too. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. luv the colour so pretty.
    I will be honored if you will add this project in our weekly linking party every Wednesdays at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/my-inner-baker-with-linking-party.html
    Have a great week,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and great sentiment too, thanks for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you again, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ya
    fabulous creations, luv the little gift wraps,thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,
    What a fabulous idea,bet your daughter loved it,and the bars...Great paper and colours...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, and I love the little care packages!! Thanks for joining in our challenge at CES challenges this week, Good Luck!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh such a sweet card, thanks for joining our water challenge at CES.
    Hugs Kaylou xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely way to let your daughter know you care. Your card is so cute especially the ribbon around the corner. Thank you for entering the BTC&G "Sea" challenge.
    Geraldine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pretty papers you used on the candy bar wrappers. Your card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)