12 May 2011

Lost in space...

** This is a re-post - sometime over the weekend, Blogger deleted my original post along with the lovely comments **

I must admit I struggled with this week's C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. The theme is 'Aliens/Space' and I had a hard time coming up with a project idea. I finally decided on a birthday card for my nephew, who turns 5 in a few months. I don't have much need to create for young boys so this one really pushed my boundaries:



What I did:
1> Paper pieced the Digital Delights image
2> Cut the 'face' out from the helmet and added a picture of my nephew instead
3> Adhered the image to the starry background
4> Added a number and some ribbon
5> Matted the paper onto cardstock and adhered to card base
5> Added some doodled line borders

This card is also for:
# Secret Crafter ~ Dust off your stash
~ Alison Ellis Designs patterned paper, circa 2007
~ Autumn Leaves/Rhonna Farrer 'Scribbles' ribbon

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for joining our "Dust off your stash" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a beautiful creation, fabulous image,
    and lovely colour combo

    Thank You for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 133 Dust off your Stash/Something Neglected

    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)