13 June 2010

Flashback...

I haven't been very chatty on the forum lately but I'm still loving the challenges over at Scrap Boutique.

This layout is an 8x8 for Amanda's Stash Stomper challenge. For June, it's all about using old stash of chipboard alphas in a different way. I used the negative from a sheet of Cosmo Cricket alphas, and made it into a background feature. I was thinking how it's been a while since I used this technique, so I went flipping back through my layouts and found these old ones:

Flashback to: March 2008
Flashback to: June 2008
Flashback to: September 2008

Here's the layout I created this week:



I also used lots of other older stash - Crate Paper 'Crush', a torn strip of Making Memories (the stripey one), Making Memories 'Noteworthy' journalling page, and a few bits and pieces that were lying on my desk too.

And now I've unearthed my stash of alpha negative sheets, guess I'll have to start using them again...

4 comments :

  1. It looks so good though Karen...nice colours also.Gosh Jazi is growing up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Background! I also love the B&W with a bit of color!

    Thanks for stopping by the DRS Designs blog - Good Luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great layout Karen, I love the gorgeous dp and all the fab detailing.
    Hugs
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, thanks for the blog visit, lovely to hear from you :-)

    Your layout looks fantastic, just love what you do with those negatives! Jazi and Sabrina sure enjoyed those iceblocks hey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)