07 March 2010

Renaissance Faire

This weekend I've been working on some design projects for Scrap Pile, mostly playing around with the Graphic 45 'Renaissance Faire' Collection.  This is a series of layouts from photographs I took at the The Abbey Medieval Festival in 2007:

The first one (which is actually the last layout I finished yesterday) is based on Kristy's sketch at Design Dollies:



And the others are all very simple but technique-based:







I also got an idea to create (gasp!) a double layout:



= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Intermission

I finally worked out how to activate the 'click-to-enlarge' feature - I researched and found out what I was doing wrong all this time! It had nothing to do with the url or html, and everything to do with the size of my original uploaded image. So anyway, you can click on the double layout to see the detail.

I haven't done it with all of my images yet, because it means uploading larger images into Photobucket, but maybe for future uploads I'll do all of them like that.

Question for the techies - how do I code it to open up in a floating pop up?? Can anyone direct me to an easy tutorial?
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Back to the creative stuff...

I still have some papers and lots of photographs left over for another day, but by yesterday afternoon I needed a change of theme. So, I did a layout that wasn't medieval, but still used the same paper collection:



On top of all that creating, I also wrote up a product review, which you can find over at Scrap Pile --> HERE.

9 comments :

  1. love all the layouts Karen...what gorgeous papers and you have certaily done them credit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA, girlfriend - seriously FANTASTIC! the photos are great, and your layouts are ALL gorgeous! what were the techniques you used? (i don't care if they were "simple" - they look awesome!)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you're on a roll with doubles Karen! Love all these layouts - those papers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! loving all your LOs Karen!
    They are all fabulous, great photos too!
    Hugs
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the Ren fair pics Karen!!! So fun! Great take on the sketch too! Let me know what you find out about pop up pics. I never could figure that out :/ Thanks for playin with us girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen...with an "e"...LOL!
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your story about all the Karens in your class. That made me smile too :) I love your scrapbook layouts, they are lovely and I enjoyed looking at the photos too. Have a great day!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. STUNNING!!! Really, I love it...great take on the Design Dollie sketch and wooo hooo to you for havin the moxie to turn it into a 2 pager....you go girl!!! Sometimes these things ahve a life of thier own don't they? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey There Karen,
    Thanks so much for dropping by recently.

    Wow all of your creations using the Graphic 45 are just fantastic. I have to say that I struggle with Graphic 45 but you make these papers look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen,

    Your layouts and your photos are just fab - you certainly did these papers justice!

    Hugs
    Ramona :-)
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)