23 February 2010

Remember the Days of the Old Schoolyard?

On the weekend I scrapped some layouts for the Scrap Boutique  February cybercrop.

I hosted the Sunday Roast, and it was fun!! It's basically like a blind scrap, except the forum members nominate some of the 'ingredients' beforehand. The criteria included: yellow and white, stitching, chipboard, flowers and buttons. The title "Your Smiling Face" is taken from the Cat Stevens lyrics of the 'Old Schoolyard' in keeping with the theme of the cybercrop.

This is my layout, which I really enjoyed creating. I *love* yellow at the moment, so much that I've totally run out of yellow buttons! Time to hit the op-shops and markets again I think!



Manon hosted a colour challenge ~ to create a layout using the school uniform colours of the subject photographs. I didn't have all the right colours in my stash, so I used one of her actual uniform shirts out of the rag bag. The journalling tucks in the 'pocket' created by the collar. ** school logo blurred for privacy **



Em hosted the sketch challenge ~ and the extra criteria were to use a large format photograph, and a number and/or alphabet border:

1 comment :

  1. Hi Karen,
    sorry I've missed so much, I've been too busy for visiting lately.
    I love everything that you have done since I was last here!
    Especially using the school top to create your Lo! - fab idea and I really love the pretty mum card that you made too!
    Hugs
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)